Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Cell, Stephen King (3.5/5)

Stephen King used to be one of my favorite authors, and I would read all of his books.  About the time of Dreamcatcher (2001) I for some reason took a break and didn't read everything he published.  I went back and read a few here and there, (A couple Dark Tower books).

I picked up The Cell at a good price to listen to in the car, and King quickly brought me back into his world and reminded me how good of a story teller he really is.  Within minutes I was hooked on the story, the characters and their journey.  

While it isn't the best book I have ever read, nor the best Stephen King book I have read.  There is something to be said for good storytelling.  Something to be said for pure entertainment that King can provide through his "supernatural/horror" style that this book provides.

In the audio book sense I couldn't put it down. I found myself looking forward to the daily commute to work where I could continue the story.  I am glad I took the chance on King again, glad that he is still writing and entertaining.   I have "Under the Dome" on the shelf ready to go.  I am now looking forward to it.

Stars: 3.5 out of 5
Format: Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment