Monday, February 8, 2010

The Hot Kid, Elmore Leonard (1/5)

I don't have a lot to say about this book.  I did not like it at all, and am scared to read other Elmore Leonard books.  I don't understand the high reviews that the book received as I was never engaged by the book and thought many times I should just stop and move on.  I find it hard to quit books that I start, even when not enjoying them. 

I wish I could follow the advice of Robin Sharma when he said "If you find that after reading the first three chapters of a book, you have not gained any worthwhile information or that the book has failed to keep your attention, do yourself a favor: put the book away and make better use of your time (like reading the next book in your pile)."  it would have save me a few hours of my life lost on this book.


Weak on plot, slow dialogue I just didn't get into it.  "Milk on his mustache" seemed to be the critical image that drove the main character, that I won't even waste a summary on.

Stars: 1 out of 5
Format: Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment