Friday, January 1, 2010

1. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins



     My first book of the year is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  This was recommended by many people as a good youth read so I wanted to check it out before allowing the kids to read it.  Not only is is fine for them and something I think they will enjoy, but I enjoyed it myself.  It's a real simple read, with like-able characters, and an interesting story.  If you have kids that enjoyed the The Twilight Saga Collection or Harry Potter Series you should enjoy the first book of the Hunger Games.

The second book Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) is out now and I will add to the list but probably won't get to it for a while.  The 3rd book The Hunger Games: Book 3 is due out in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment